Department of Physics and Astronomy
Dr David J FrewResearch Fellow, Astronomy and Astrophysics Group
- Taxonomy of emission-line stars
- Symbiotic stars
- Cataclysmic variables
- Multi-wavelength classification techniques
- Distance scales
- Population studies
- Central stars
- Role of binary interactions
- Nebular spectroscopy/abundances
- Space To Grow ARC-linkage Research Project
History of Astronomy
- Ancient star catalogues
- Historical light-curve of η Carinae
- Australian Aboriginal Astronomy
PublicationsHere is a list of my publications from the ADS database.
- Macquarie Astronomy & Astrophysics Group
- Anglo-Australian Observatory
- Gemini Observatory
- Las Cumbres Observatory Global Telescope Network
- Aboriginal Astronomy Research Group
- Astronomical Society of Australia
- SIMBAD astronomical database
- The SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System
- Astrophysics Preprint Server
- SkyView: The Internet's Virtual Telescope
- NASA/IPAC Extragalactic Database
- IRSA - NASA/IPAC Infrared Science Archive
- SuperCOSMOS Sky Surveys
- Planetary Nebula Binaries
- Astronomy Picture of the Day
- International Year of Astronomy
Nov 2010: Macquarie University Press release on Aboriginal Astronomy.
Oct 2010: MASH team wins award for Excellence in Research, Science & Engineering, at 2010 Macquarie University Research Awards night.
Oct 2010: Recipient of a prestigous Macquarie University Research Fellowship, to commence in 2011.
Jun 2010: Invited Talk, APN5 Conference, Bowness-on-Windermere, England.
Jun 2010: Guest Co-Editor, Publications of the Astronomical Society of Australia, Volume 27.
Aug 2009: NSW Nominee for the 2009 AIP Bragg Gold Medal in Physics.
Feb 2009: Invited Reviewer, MASH Workshop, Sydney.